What did you want to be when you grow up? Most people in developed countries can choose any profession they like, whether that’s a carpenter, teacher, fashion designer, brain surgeon or even perhaps a chef!
That’s not the case in Uganda. Those children who are lucky to receive a primary education or even secondary education rarely have the opportunity to further their studies and become skilled in a trade or profession. That’s because there’s little infrastructure set-up to help them do so, or the vocational centres are too far to travel to.
We want to change that, and we need your help! We need to raise AUD $200,000 to help fund the Mannya Construction Company and build the Mannya Vocational Training Centre.
What does this mean and where exactly will the funds go?
1) We will establish Mannya Construction Company (MCC), which will include an amazing team of people to help complete all of our infrastructure projects in Southern Uganda. To get this company started we need offices, workshop tools and other equipment!
2) We will build a new school, the Mannya Vocational Training Centre (VTC). The VTC will provide vocational skills training to youth in Southern Uganda, and offer a range of course options:
· Carpentry, Joinery and Metal Fabrication
· Bricklaying and Concreting
· Hospitality and Catering
· Fashion and Design
· Practical Agriculture (including piggery, fish farming, poultry and crop farming)
How will this benefit the community?
· As an efficient and cost-effective construction team, the MCC will build quality schools that will help us reach our mission of developing 20,000 educational places by 2020 in Southern Uganda.
· The Mannya Vocational Training Centre will provide further educational pathways for students, so that they can learn a trade or skill to enable them to earn an income for their family.
· Additional jobs will be created for the communities of Southern Uganda, with graduates to be employed in MCC infrastructure projects and also Cotton On Foundation sustainability projects.
How can you help?
Simple! Purchase a Cotton On Foundation product online, or in any Cotton On, Rubi or Cotton On Kids stores from Wednesday 10th June to Sunday 14th June.
100% of the proceeds from every product sold will go towards the Cotton On Foundation and our projects.
Be proud of the fact that your contribution is helping to provide other young people with the chance to dream big!
Receive Cotton On Foundation updates
straight to your inbox.
Keep updated with what the Cotton On Foundation is up to.